Thanks, FEAR, for nominating me for a Liebster Award the other day (http://forgeteverythingandrun.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/liebster-award/)!
About the Award:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
1. My first marathon was in Disney World in January.
2. I work with lizards.
3. I strongly dislike cotton balls and Styrofoam.
4. I’m traveling to Peru next week!
5. I can eat an entire large pizza in one sitting.
6. I enjoy non-fiction science books.
7. I moved to North Carolina about two years ago without knowing anyone there.
8. I’m an only child.
9. I’ve been a vegetarian since the age of 5.
10. I enjoy hiking and hope to do more of it this summer.
11. I just had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday.
I’m not sure how many followers the blogs listed below have, so I’m going to nominate several blogs that I have recently discovered.
Questions from FEAR:
1. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? An exotic species of snake. Strange, I know.
2. What is your worst cooking disaster? Practically anything that I attempt for the first time!
3. What is your favourite song? Circle of Life (The Lion King version)
4. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done? Hmm…probably scuba diving with about 40 Caribbean reef sharks in the Bahamas.
5. Who is your favourite athlete? I honestly don’t have a favorite!
6. Describe yourself in 5 words. Friendly, quirky, determined, efficient, and adventurous.
7. If you had a time machine where would you go? I’d go back to the Cretaceous and find myself a T-Rex.
8. What’s your favourite sport to watch? Basketball.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why? The Galapagos. It has some of the world’s best diving and examples of biological diversity (Darwin’s finches!). It’s number one on my list of places to see!
10. What’s your favourite colour? Pink. Lame, I know.
11. What’s your favourite quote? “It’s the circle of life and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, ’til we find our place on the path unwinding.”
I’m going to be lazy and re-use the same 11 questions that FEAR posted!